There's your average Christian conference, gathering, celebration etc. THEN THERE IS FOUNDATIONS
WHEN: Monday 19th March - Friday 23rd March 2018
WHERE: Abbot Hall hotel, Grange-over-Sands, Lake DIstrict (We take over the whole hotel - includes heated swimming pool)
HOW MUCH: £300 per person (ensuite), £260 per person (standard) - this is full board, including refreshments, use of facilities and all conference charges
ALL WE NEED FOR NOW IS A £60 DEPOSIT PER PERSON - either by CLICKING HERE, or phoning 07885 941848 or by sending a cheque to Saltshakers, PO BOX 2215, ILFORD IG1 9TR
THEME: Into the Lion's Den: Reaching a world gone mad ...
This is our most important and timely conference of all, with everything - teaching, workshops etc - directed towards empowering Christians to deal with our fast-changing world of political correctness, restrictions and anti-Christian legislation. We will, of course, still have plenty of time for leisure, fellowship and growing in our relationship with the LORD in our UNIQUE way. (Scroll down for more information)
A QUICK MESSAGE ....
IF YOU ARE NEW TO US .... first of all, here's a short glimpse of what goes on ...
If you are ready to dive in to see what happened at our 7th conference, a couple of years ago, the following video explains all ...
It all started in 2012 as a great big experiment at the height of winter in the middle of nowhere ...
And then, later in 2013 ...
Now, something wonderful happened at Foundations 7 (you may have gathered that from the testimonies and commentary in the second video above). We implemented a new model for 'doing conferences'. At that time we called it 'Hebraic Church' though it now goes under the name of 'Freedom in the Spirit'. A few weeks after that conference, a few of us had a chat around an old oak table ...
Since then, 'the Freedom in the Spirit' has been a constant feature of all of our conferences, even the two day conferences and the five weekend conferences we have run since then. Now let's hear from some people who saw it in action at Foundations 8 in 2017.
TEN UNIQUE THINGS ABOUT FOUNDATIONS (what makes us different from Spring Harvest, New Wine etc?)
- It's in a beautiful location. If you come by train, the last 30 minutes of the journey are through picturesque scenery and the station is next door to the hotel!
- We are a small, intimate, gathering (never more than 110 of us) and we completely take over the hotel
- All of our teachers are very special and are humble and clever enough to undergo a high level of interaction from delegates in our unique yeshivas and workshops
- In surveys we are told that the best thing about Foundations is the fellowship among like-minded people, with lasting friendships forged.
- Our worship times are not scheduled and predictable. Worship is not just about fine tunes expertly performed ...
- If you have a story to tell ... you will get an opportunity to tell it!
- If you are burdened by something holding you back ... we welcome you to our goldfish confessional
- If you are into arts and crafts (or are not sure) ... you will be encouraged to be creative
- If you can sing (or are not sure) ... you can be singing in our choir at the end of the week
- If you can dance (or if you can't) ... you can be acting/dancing in our dance/dramas at the end of the week. Here's one we did earlier ...
TEN REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD COME TO FOUNDATIONS 9 (especially if you haven't been before to a Foundations)
- You will receive an expert briefing about the biggest danger to the Christian gospel in the Western world today
- You will be informed about the spiritual forces that drive the current climate of political correctness and religious restrictions.
- You will hear a State of the Nation address concerning the Church in our society and what it should be doing
- You will be given a chance to be heard and the opportunity to contribute to the activities during the week
- You will be given an insight of the Jesus mindset, the way that He thought and acted - a true 1st century mindset
- You will be provided with the tools needed to interact with our current Western culture
- You will be free to take part in our optional worshops - covering teaching, evangelism, spiritual warfare, writing, communication and Bible reading
- You will be given (perhaps a once in a lifetime) an opportunity to discover your God given gifts
- You will meet God in ways that you have never thought of before
- And all of this ... in a relaxed, informal atmosphere ... where no-one is forced to do anything, but where everyone is encouraged to do something
A TRUE TESTIMONY FROM BARRY S
"How truly exceptional Foundations 7 was! I have not been to any of the previous Foundations conferences but for me Foundations 7 was quite literally the best Christian conference that I have ever attended. And I am not prone to exaggeration – knowing full well that exaggeration is a form of lies. One of the greatest things about the conference was the FREEDOM. Freedom in worship; freedom to dance, freedom to preach, freedom to sing, freedom to pray, freedom to draw, freedom to be quiet, freedom to read, freedom to argue (yeshiva!), freedom to love, freedom in fellowship. And for me the Lord has used this conference to spill this freedom over into my every day walk with Him. At my place of work during my daily times of morning prayer with a dear brother and colleague I have found myself freely singing to the Lord with no fear of what my colleague might think. I have often struggled in the past with the fear of man (and still do!) but Foundations 7 has certainly helped to make a step change in the right direction. The freedom has also spilled over into my family life and during worship at my local church. Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! Thank you Father for Foundations 7 and thank you Steve, Monica and team for your hard work, dedication and commitment to this vision! I am looking forward to the Foundations weekend regional Devon conference in December and the full conference in April next year Lord willing. I would be very happy to help José in any way I can with the Devon conference because I am right behind this vision!"
AND FINALLY ... A full talk by David Andrew at Foundations 6.