Saltshakers web community is just that … a web community, in fact it has been since 1996 when the first website was created. We have become a true community, albeit a virtual one, since COVID has sent us indoors and we have worked hard to create an atmosphere of open and loving membership through meetings, conferences and WhatsApp groups. Here’s a summary of what we currently get up to:
- Two national (Foundations) conferences a year – we have had fourteen of these already, with numerous regional conferences and one-day happenings. The last two, in 2020, have been on ZOOM and – incredibly – they have been our most successful yet in terms of positive testimonies and changed lives.
- Currently three weekday evening ZOOM meetings at 7pm – 8:30pm. On Mondays we have Saffron Planet – where you can ask questions to our informal panel and we get some real lively discussions! On Tuesdays we have our Fellowship meeting, for caring, sharing, praying and chatting. On Thursdays we have our Bible School, with teaching – mostly from Paul Luckraft – in the Hebraic style (very interactive). All meetings are free, though we would need you to register with us (eventually) though you are free to come as a guest at the start.
- Two curated emails sent out weekly. On Tuesdays there are seven feature items, selected as the most relevant from various sources, mostly on YouTube. On Saturdays there are seven news items, from sources other than the mainstream media
- Various WhatsApp groups for prayer, intercession and mutual support
- More to come … watch this space
As a community we are always on the look out for those who feel called to help out a ministry such as ours and we already have a motivated band of volunteers who are acting out their God-given gifts through helping us to help you. We are always on the look out for the following skillsets: admin, editing, proofreading, prayer/intercession, writing, marketing/sales, coding, Zoom hosting (helping to control meetings), Zoom facilitating (helping to run meetings). If you like what you see here and wish to help, please contact Steve now.
All that we offer is free to all. We have no backing except freewill offerings and some regular giving, although it costs over £1000 to keep this ministry running monthly. Some already give monthly, with the occasional one-off gifts, which are all extremely appreciated. We leave this all up to you and how God leads. CLICK here to see how you can help us financially.
The thinking is this: if you TRULY believe you are part of a community, then you would WANT to support this community in any way that you can, without coercement. We are all in this together!